The College of Humanities, Management and Social Sciences is one of the two Colleges that the University took off with at inception. The other being College of Basic and Applied Sciences. Under the College are the following departments:
- Accounting and Finance (with programmes in Accounting and Banking & Finance)
- Business Administration (with programmes in Business Administration)
- Economics (with programmes in Economics)
- Languages (with programme in English)
- Mass Communication (with programmes in Mass Communication)
- Music (with programmes in Music)
- Philosophy and Religion (with programme in Religious studies)
- Public Administration (with programmes in Public Administration)
The College is proud of eminent professors that had distinguished themselves in their different fields in the academics. Professor J.A.T. Ojo, a distinguished professor of Banking and Finance is the Dean of the College. Professors E.A. Adedun and M.O.A. Adejugbe provide academic leadership in the College. The College is proud of having Ph. D holders and retinue of experienced professionals as faculty members. In addition to the programmes that the College started with, the University has introduced two new programmes in Music and Mass Communication. The Department of Music is located at the Centre of Excellence in Music also known as "The Organ House". Professor A.O. Vidal, an erudite scholar and nationally acclaimed Professor of Musicology is the Head of Department while the Department of Mass Communication is located within the College building where Professor I.B. Oloyede provides academic direction.
As in other sections of the University, the lecture rooms are conducive for learning and are ICT- compliant. The College can boast of one of the best language laboratories in any university around. Our Television, Radio and Photo Studios have the latest technology to provide total learning. The College works diligently to actualize the University motto of empowering to excel.